Tips on roof installation
Buying a good roof is not just enough to ensure that your home will end up looking good. The installation process plays a key role in bringing out the desired look.Here are a few things to look out for when installing your roof:
1. Always ensure that your installer (fundi) is trained and understands the application of the roofing product you plan to use. Roof installation is a critical factor in determining how your house will look. When settling for a roof installer, establish how long they have been in the business to ascertain their understanding of roofing systems. Ask for previous projects handled to act as references before committing to use them to install your roof. Professional installation is crucial to ensure a neat and beautiful look.
2. Make sure you trim any overhanging branches from trees hanging over your house to ensure that none of them breaks off and damages your roof.
3.Ensure that you have the necessary safety equipment necessary for your roof installers on site. Working on a roof can be demanding and dangerous if you don’t have the right set of skills and tools needed to get the job done safely.
4. If you have curved parts on your roof designs, opt for cranked/crimped roofing sheets. Cranking allows you to have a uniform roof cover without the risk of having many joints which often lead to leakages.
5. During the installation process ensure that the screws are fixed on the rib as opposed to the trough. Rain water often flows through the trough.
6. Use recommended fixtite screws to install your roof. Nails and other screws are often galvanised and they end up rusting over time. The exposure to rust on your roof creates weak points which often cause leakages.
Tips on buying roofing sheets
Planning on buying a roof cover? Here are some tips:
1. When buying your roofing materials, always research on the durability. Look out for a roof will not only give your home timeless elegance but also save you future repair and replacement costs.
2. Take your time to understand the product, its properties and its durability. Remember, the roof is the crown of your home.
3. Look out for wider sheets.Using wider roofing sheets reduces the number of sheets you use per square meter which in turn reduces your ultimate building cost. When comparing various roofing sheets, always remember to check the effective cover width.
4. Ask your roofing supplier on the life expectancy of a roofing system. A durable roofing system will be cost effective and cheaper in the long run.
5. Find out the climate of the location of your building. When making a decision on the type of roof to use, consider the wind velocity of the location, distance from the sea, weather patterns etc. For instance, houses located close to coastal areas require greater protection against rusting.
6. Look at the architecture of your house. How your house looks like will play a key role in choosing the colour of your roof and the roof profile.
Factors to consider when buying roofing sheets
Are you wondering how to choose the best roofing solution for your home? The roof is the most prominent and outstanding feature of any house. This is the reason why several factors should be taken into consideration before buying your roofing sheets and roofing accessories. Below are some of the things to look out for when you decide to buy your roof cover.
1. Quality and durability- How long will your roofing sheets last?
Before you look at the price of the roofing material, be keen to ask your roofing solutions provider about the quality and durability of the roofing sheets. When it comes to steel roofing, ensure that the sheets have an Zincal (Aluminium-Zinc) base coating as opposed to just a galvanised base. This will allow your roof to last longer by protecting it against harsh environmental conditions. Look out for a roof that will not only give your home timeless elegance but also save you future repair and replacement costs.
2. Coverwidth- How wide are the roofing sheets?
Did you know that the width and length of your roofing sheets affects the total cost of your roof?
Using wider roofing sheets reduces the number of sheets you use per square meter which in turn reduces your ultimate building cost. When comparing various roofing sheets, always remember to check the effective cover width. Wider sheets also reduce the overlaps and joints made on the roof which in turn prevents points of weakness (a common cause for leakages).
3. Trusted Supplier-How long has the roofing supplier been in the industry?
Key to note is the supplier of the roofing sheets. Look out for a supplier who not only understands the roofing industry but also has been in the industry. A trusted supplier will be able to walk you through from the buying stage until the installation stage. MRM has a pool of trained roofing installers all over the country who could be recommended for proper roof installation.