BUTYL TAPE was designed specifically for the steel building industry to provide optimal sealing in the harshest environments. It adheres to most clean, dry steel surfaces and does not harden, bleed or stain.
With pressure, it fills minor irregularities in the surface and seals the joints providing an effective barrier against water, moisture, dust, and dirt. Butyl tape also increases the structural strength of the roof by more than 40%.
- Increases the structural strength of the roof by 40%.
- Prevents chemical reactions when two galvanized sheets come into contact with each other.
- Bonds the sheets together and lessens the risk of wind damage and leakage.
- Will not crack or lose adhesion under expansion or contraction.
- Excellent anti-vibration properties.Seals against moisture and rust.
- Has an effect live of over 20 years.
- Oxidation, chemical and age resistant.
- Will not degrade under UV light.
- Heat resistance up to 160 degrees.
- Non-toxic and non-hazardous.